CAL FIRE Big Bend - Station 19
Big Bend station is located about 19 miles North of Highway 299 East on Big Bend Road. Big Bend is an interagency fire station housing 1 CAL FIRE and 1 US Forest Service Type 3 Fire Engine each.
The original Big Bend Ranger Station was built in 1913, staffed by Ranger John McIntosh. The California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) began housing an engine in the community of Big Bend in 1992. The Big Bend CAL FIRE engine is responsible for 70,000 acres of state responsibility wildfire protection (70% private ownership and 30% Federal Government ownership).
The current Big Bend Interagency fire station was built in 1998-1999 and was put into service in June of 1999. Big Bend fire station also provides fire and EMS services for Shasta County and the community of Big Bend during the summer months.